In homes, offices, and now in many public areas as well, the old lights have been replaced with LED lights of different kinds. There are LED variants available for almost everything including High Bay LED lights used in the industrial sector such as retail stores, warehouses, and storages. Update to our brightest high bay led lights for high efficient lighting and less electricity bill. For advantages of led high bay, please read this blog.
You’ll find High Bay LED lights in a variety of shapes and sizes. So how do you choose the right one? In this article, we’ll take a look at some of the key factors that can help you select the right high bay led light.
Consider the Space Design
When seeking a High Bay LED light, you should clearly know why you need it and where you’ll be using it. To make any space properly illuminated, you’ll need the right amount of light.
- Storage: For storage space, a light with 300 lux is sufficient.
- Warehouse: Lights with 500 lux are optimal to make the supervisors feel comfortable working in the warehouse without straining their eyes much.
- Retail: Retail store owners should install a high bay LED light with at least 800 lux. Remember, the brighter your store looks, the more customers you’re likely to get.
Think About the Power and Lumens
In terms of power consumption (wattage), we don’t need to worry a lot as the LED lights save a substantial amount of energy. Therefore, we will be just focusing on the lumens of lights installed at different heights.
- If you plan to install a High Bay LED light at the height of 10 to 15 feet then you should get lights with 10,000 to 15,000 lumens.
- For 15 to 20 feet, lights with 16,000 to 20,000 lumens are recommended.
- For the height of 25 to 35 feet, you can get lights with 33,000 lumens for the best result.
Optimal Spacing between Lights
Just one light won’t do all the work for you. You’ll have to install many lights, especially if you have a bigger space, and it’s important to maintain proper spacing between them according your installation height.
|High bay led Power||Installation Height||Installation Spacing|
How many led high bay lights do i need?
The number of LED high bay lights you need depends on several factors, including the size of the space you want to illuminate, the height of the ceiling, the desired illumination level (measured in lux or foot-candles), and the wattage or lumen output of the LED fixtures you plan to use.
Here is a general guide:
- Calculate the Total Luminous Flux Needed:
- Measure the area you want to illuminate in square feet (length x width).
- Determine the required illuminance level for your specific application. This could vary greatly depending on whether you’re lighting a warehouse, gymnasium, factory, or other space. Common values range from 20 to 100 lux for storage areas, and up to 500 lux for tasks requiring precise visibility.
- Calculate the total luminous flux needed (in lumens) using the formula: Total Lumens = Illuminance (lux) x Area (square feet)
- Determine Fixture Lumens:
- Check the specifications of the LED high bay fixtures you plan to use to find their lumen output. This information is usually provided by the manufacturer.
- Calculate the Number of Fixtures:
- Divide the total luminous flux needed by the lumen output of a single fixture to determine the number of fixtures required: Number of Fixtures = Total Lumens / Fixture Lumens
This is just a basic guideline. Please consult with a lighting professional or an electrician who can perform a photometric analysis to provide a more accurate lighting design based on your specific needs and the characteristics of your space.
Types of Lights
You can find High Bay LED lights in a variety of shapes such as round (UFO High Bay Lights) and longer ones (LED Linear High Bay lights). GRNLED high bay lighting lumen flux range from 500-100000lumen, which can meet all your need.
- Round lights: At a height of 15 feet, we recommend round as they finely spread the light and are easier to install.
- Linear lights: These are ideal for areas with aisles. At lower heights, you can select the wide-angle style Linear High Bay LED lights.
So, What Type of High Bay LED Light You Should Get?
There are many different types of High Bay LED lights and you can find the best one for yourself at GrnLED. We make all kinds of High Bay LED lights and other types of LED lights as well. So browse through and find the perfect fit!
As the best High Bay LED light manufacturer and supplier in China, we have helped thousands of people brighten up their spaces like never before and yours can be the next.
My name is Ricky Wang, I’m the business manager of GRNLED. I have been in LED lights industry for more than 10 year. Feel free to contact us. I’m happy to provide you the best service and products.
Email: email@example.com | WeChat: ledfixture