Because of high efficiency, energy-saving, long life, high color rendering index(CRI>80), and environmental protection, LED high bay lights have become the best choice for traditional large-scale industrial plants, warehouses, stadiums, airport lighting, and mine. There are round UFO light high bay, square UFO, and rectangle linear high bay, the installation of different shape LED high bay lights are the same and very simple, even people without electrician knowledge can easily learn how to install. Before explaining the installation method of LED high bay light in detail, let’s take a look at what kinds of LED high bay light there are. Different styles have different precautions during the installation process.
What are the types of LED high bay lights?
There are including 3 types high bay lights which are very popular in markets.- Round UFO High bay lights, Square led high bay lights and Linear High Bay Light.
How to do installation for led high bay lights?
According to above types of high bay lights, we can know, generally, the round and square high bay lights mainly do hook hanging installation, surface mounted installation by brackets. and the linear high bay lights mainly do suspension and surface installation, so the details as follows:
Round&Square high bay light installation
1.Hang Installation Method:
1. Fix the hook where the LED high bay light needs to be installed in advance. Noted that the hook should be used in conjunction with the ring, and the load capacity must exceed 30Kg when installing the hook. The expansion bolt must be able to bear four times the weight of the lamp
2. Clip the ring on the LED high bay light into the set hook, and hang the lamp through the ring;
3. Connect the power cord from the scene to the power cord of the lamp, connect it according to the wiring principle of the lamp, and deal with waterproof and insulating things ;
4. Turn on the lights to see if they can work normally. After confirming the light is on, the installation is completed.
2.Bracket Installation Method:
1. Drill holes and drive in expansion screws
2. Hang the lamp and fix the screw nut
3. do connection by wiring diagram( Live wire/Natural wire, ground wires)
4. After all completed, a power-on test is needed. If some lamps fail to light up, check the circuit or lamps. After ensuring that all lamps are normally lit, the installation of the LED high bay light is completed.
3. 1/2” NPT Installation Method:
1. Fix the bracket to the lights
2. Unscrew the 1/2” NPT nut
3. Connect the steel pipe and mounting brackets together. then screw down the 1/2” NPT nut
4. Finish the lights wiring and test the lights to see if it is can be light up
Somethings you need to know before installation of high bay light
What is the installation height and distance between led high bay lights?
|Distance between lights||3-5M||5-8M||8-10M||10-12M||10-12M||12-15M||12-15M|
According to above chart, it is easy to know how many led high bay lights for your projects.
How much is the cost for led high bay light installation?
The installation cost mainly includes labor cost and the cost of wire accessories, so the cost will vary according to the specific conditions of different countries in different regions. In some countries, if there are no specific requirements for installers, generally individuals can complete the installation costs, and the installation costs will be very low at this time. However, European and American countries have relatively high installation requirements, which will result in high costs.
The other attention points you need to know for installation
- Before installation, the integrity of the LED high bay light and the complete accessories must be checked.
- LED high bay light wiring
- The mainline to the lamp is connected by a flat hard copper wire, and one lamp is installed in 5 rings, and it is evenly connected on the three-phase line according to the requirements of load balance! For large-density lighting projects, the lamp housing is connected with a PE protective wire separately.
- It must be required during installation that the installer has a professional electrician certificate.
- The wires on the LED lamps can be drilled through the holes and can be fixed with wire clamps through the wires behind the lamps. Make sure that the fixing is firm.
- Make sure that the power cord of the lamp has sufficient length and is not subject to tension or tangential force.
- The distance between the product and flammable materials must be ensured.
1. The high bay led lights and driver must be installed in an open space, which is good for heat dissipation.
2. Clean the dust of the LED High Bay&diver regularly to ensure high brightness.
My name is Ricky Wang, I’m the business manager of GRNLED. I have been in LED lights industry for more than 10 year. Feel free to contact us. I’m happy to provide you the best service and products.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | WeChat: ledfixture