LED lights are the future of lighting. They are more cost-efficient, powerful, and long-lasting compared to the old, traditional light bulbs.
In homes, offices, and now in many public areas as well, the old lights have been replaced with LED lights of different kinds. There are LED variants available for almost everything including High Bay LED lights used in the industrial sector such as retail stores, warehouses, and storages.
You’ll find High Bay LED lights in a variety of shapes and sizes. So how do you choose the right one? In this article, we’ll take a look at some of the key factors that can help you select the right High Bay LED light for your space.
Consider the Space Design
When seeking a High Bay LED light, you should clearly know why you need it and where you’ll be using it. To make any space properly illuminated, you’ll need the right amount of light.
- Storage: For storage space, a light with 300 lux is sufficient.
- Warehouse: Lights with 500 lux are optimal to make the supervisors feel comfortable working in the warehouse without straining their eyes much.
- Retail: Retail store owners should install a high bay LED light with at least 800 lux. Remember, the brighter your store looks, the more customers you’re likely to get.
Think About the Power and Lumens
In terms of power consumption (wattage), we don’t need to worry a lot as the LED lights save a substantial amount of energy. Therefore, we will be just focusing on the lumens of lights installed at different heights.
- If you plan to install a High Bay LED light at the height of 10 to 15 feet then you should get lights with 10,000 to 15,000 lumens.
- For 15 to 20 feet, lights with 16,000 to 20,000 lumens are recommended.
- For the height of 25 to 35 feet, you can get lights with 33,000 lumens for the best result.
Optimal Gap between Lights
Just one light won’t do all the work for you. You’ll have to install many lights, especially if you have a bigger space, and it’s important to maintain proper spacing between them.
- A gap of 12 feet in between High Bay LED lights is recommended for lights at a height of 15 feet.
- For lights at 20 feet above the ground, there should be a 15 feet gap between them.
- If the lights are 30 feet high then there should be a 20 to 25 feet gap in between.
Number of Lights Installed
It completely depends on the size of your space. The bigger it is, the more lights you’ll need. You can calculate the number of lights needed by the gap we discussed above.
Kind of Lights
You can find High Bay LED lights in a variety of shapes such as round (UFO High Bay Lights) and longer ones (LED Linear High Bay lights).
- Round lights: At a height of 15 feet, we recommend round as they finely spread the light and are easier to install.
- Linear lights: These are ideal for areas with aisles. At lower heights, you can select the wide angle style Linear High Bay LED lights.
So, What Type of High Bay LED Light You Should Get?
There are many different types of High Bay LED lights and you can find the best one for yourself at GRNLED. We make all kinds of High Bay LED lights and other types of LED lights as well. So browse through and find the perfect fit!
As the best High Bay LED light manufacturer and supplier in China, we have helped thousands of people brighten up their spaces like never before and yours can be the next.
My name is Ricky Wang, I’m the business manager of GRNLED. I have been in LED lights industry for more than 10 year. Feel free to contact us. I’m happy to provide you the best service and products.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | WeChat: ledfixture