Recently years, with the rise of simple style, more and more decoration choose linear lighting. The linear lighting fixture can match different decoration effects according to different spaces, which can simplify the color and shape under the premise of meeting the basic lighting functions. Very creative and fashionable. In this case, the magnetic lighting system which combines all linear led lights emerges as the times require, and there is a trend to replace the conventional led track lighting and the conventional linear lamp in the future.
Magnetic led light is a way to attach the led lighting assembly to the track by magnetic absorption. Under the condition of a reliable power connection, it is more convenient to install and dismantle the lights assembly, and also convenient for daily maintenance and repair, and the power connection is stable and reliable. It can be flexibly matched with different types and quantities of track lights according to various requirements. If the power is allowed, it can be arbitrarily spliced to the track for use. A magnet track can support different led lights, so it can be used in a wider range of applications. It can slide to any position easily without any auxiliary tools. Different splicing methods are realized.
- It can be equipped with different ceiling lights. Magnetic led light adopts modular concept, which can be applied to many light source modules of the magnetic suction lamp, including downlight, spotlight, grid lamp, magnetic light bar, recessed linear lighting, etc. The light source can be freely selected and DIY can be used to meet the lighting requirements of different spaces.
- The number of light fixtures can be increased or decreased freely. There is no limit to the number of lamps and lanterns installed on the track. If the light intensity is not enough then just Increasing the magnetic rail lights onto a rail. If the brightness is too high, then take fewer led lights.
- It can move freely and adjust the angle freely On the magnetic track, the lights can move freely, and the lamp can be arranged freely according to the space demand. Besides, many of the magnetic led lights are adjustable angles, including the magnetic track spotlight, magnetic grille light, etc which increases the degree of freedom of light design.
- Low-pressure safety, no-touch hazard. Generally, the magnetic track lamps on the market are designed with a low voltage of 24V or dc48V. even if the track is always electrified, there is no danger for manual touch and installation of lamps. Of course, there is a magnetic track light 110VAC 220VAC available in markets.
1. Compared with the ordinary track lamp, the magnetic suction lamp is more expensive.
2. Magnetic track is a relatively new lamp product. Carpenters and electricians may not have the experience of installing similar products.There may be installation errors, and the cost of early communication is relatively high.
Magnetic tack,also called magnetic rail.It is the base and key part for whole system.All of magnetic led light fixture only can be installed onto it ,and move freely. Mainly including Surface magnetic track,Suspension magnetic track and recessed magnetic track light system which is the most popular in markets.
Actually, the magnetic track light is a system. So What kind of magnetic lights are included in the magnetic track light system?
1.Magnetic linear profile lighting.
2.Magnetic linear spotlights
3.Magnetic pendant light
4.Magnetic directional spotlight
5.Magnetic track spotlight
6.Magnetic floodlights of the above items can be produced by two input voltage, one is DC48V input, the second is 110V or 220V Magnetic track lights. They are a little different in appearance
|Type||Low voltage magnetic track light system||High voltage magnetic track lighting system|
|Input voltage||DC24V or DC48V.DC48V magnetic lighting is main one||110VAC, 220VAC or 100-277VAC|
|Width of magnetic lighting track||One is diameter only 26mm,the other is 36mm.||Only 36mm track|
|LED power supply||It has to be match a DC24 or DC48V power supply||No need extra power supply.There is a built-in driver in all magnetic lights.Just connect 220V 110v,Then working.|
|Cost||Higher||Lower than low voltage type|
|Maintenance||Hard to replace the fault DC48V power supplier, especially for recessed installation||Easy|
|Safe||More safety for low voltage||Don’t tough directly for high voltage input|
Actually, the key point is to know how to install the magnetic track, then it is easy to put into led lighting into rails once finished well installation of the track.
There are three different magnetic rails, so there are also three installation ways to finish it as following:
1. Surface/Pendant installation
These two installations are easy, just using a screw to fix the magnetic track without opening any hole.
For the DC48V magnetic light system, there are 4 steps on installation as following:
Step 1.Opening 30-35mm in ceiling
Step 2. Put the track into the hole slot and fix the track with screws
Step 3.Cover the track with a gypsum board to block the wing edge of the track and fix it with screws
Step 4.Then plaster the plasterboard