Experimental psychologist Chiritra has done a famous psychological experiment on the sources of information obtained by humans: What are the main ways for humans to obtain information? He confirmed through a large number of experiments: 83% of the information obtained by humans comes from sight, 11% from hearing, 3.5% from the smell, 1.5% from touch, and 1% from taste.
When you look at a shop, you will look at it with the lights. The designer uses the lighting design to guide you and let you see what the shop wants to show. If a store wants to do a good job of lighting design, it must take into account the exterior decoration to the interior decoration. In addition to conveying its own brand concept and attributes, the most important thing is to design a lighting atmosphere that makes customers feel comfortable and desire, so as to stimulate customers to come in the shop and buy. This is why when you go shopping during the day, you also find that most of the lights in the shops are on
1. What kind of lighting is used in stores?
Track lights and downlights are widely used for stores like retail, clothing, shoes, grocery, coffee, jewelry ..and so on. Led strip, wall lights, and floor lamps are used for decoration.
Related Store Lighting LED lights
Track lights are typical modern genre lighting with no overhead lighting. They can create a good indoor lighting atmosphere. If a row of small track lights is combined, the light can change into wonderful patterns. Since the small light can freely change the angle, the effect of the combined lighting is also ever-changing. Its soft, graceful and luxurious light can be used for local lighting to enhance the atmosphere. The real meaning of lighting sales is to show the most beautiful effects of products and to give customers useful advice. Besides, it is best to make the track rail on the ceiling in advance, so that the lights can be moved at will, and the rail lights itself can rotate 360 degrees, no matter where the goods are placed in the future, they can be illuminated wonderfully.
The design of the LED downlight is beautiful and lightweight. It can maintain the overall unity and perfection of the architectural decoration during installation without destroying the lights. The light source is hidden inside the architecture, without glare, and the human visual effect is soft and uniform. Really only see the light but not the lamp.
2. How to set up your store lighting?Here are some guides
- The lighting settings should be consistent with the overall image of the store
- The lighting design should firstly consider the customer. Strong lighting can make the eyes feel tired, so avoid using it
- The lighting intensity reflects the taste of the store, the more high-leveled the store is, the softer the light.
- The wall illuminance should be enhanced, while other parts should be weakened so that the background color of the wall is prominent, and the individuality and characteristics of goods can be fully shown.
- The lighting layout must have a sense of hierarchy. Different locations should be set with different lighting levels, such as window products, the window lighting must be brighter than the lights in the store so that you can focus on the main products of the store so the pedestrians know what you are selling easily.
- The color of the light should be appropriate. The blue light gives people a very cold, psychedelic feeling, and the yellow light gives people a warm feeling. The combination of cold and warm is the most suitable for any kind of store. If it is all cold light (that is, the white light you usually see), although the store is bright, it feels pale and not warm enough. Warm light can neutralize the feeling of pale white, and the irradiated goods will look more shining and moving. Clothing stores and shoe stores often use 4000K warm white light. A few use 3000K light.
3. Details of using lights in different locations in your store. Four sections you should pay attention to.
Signboard Lighting: the bright and eye-catching signs are generally achieved through the decoration of neon lights. The neon lights not only illuminate the signs but also increase the visibility of the shop at night. At the same time, it can create a lively and cheerful atmosphere. The decoration of neon lights must be novel and unique and can be designed in various shapes and colors. In order to make the signs eye-catching, the lighting colors are generally monochromatic and strong red, green, white, etc., highlighting the requirements of simplicity, brightness, and eye-catching.
Showcase Lighting: the brightness of the shop window must be 2~4 times higher than store inner lighting, but too strong light should not be used, and the contrast between light colors should not be too large. The movement, exchange, and flicker of the light should not be too fast or too intense, otherwise, customers will be dazzled and cause uncomfortable feelings. Soft and emotional lighting is required. At the same time, decorative lighting such as downlights and chandeliers are used to emphasize the characteristics of goods, and to give people a good impression.
Exterior Lighting: Generally, use wall lights and neon lights to decorate the street in front of the store or on the walls around the store, mainly to render and enhance the atmosphere.
Interior Lighting: direct and semi-direct lighting: Direct light has high intensity and high efficiency, and it is easy to form obvious shadows. therefore, the contrast is strong, which is a dynamic lighting method and has the best effect on shiny products. Semi-indirect and indirect lighting: The lighting efficiency is low, but the light is soft and the contrast is small. It can be used to create a brisk, soothing, or hazy, gentle mood, suitable for elegant products or underwear products
Don’t save money on shop decoration, you will eventually get more profits because of the high level of your shop. Wish you a prosperous business. If you are still not sure how to use lights in your shop. Contact us.